There are a number of ways of working with JSON data in FileMaker. At least two typical ones are:
- Custom Functions based parsing & encoding
A new version of our free bBox FileMaker plug-in is now available.
Some of the changes since the last release are:
- better support for Python results, in particular lists & sets
- curl, sort, bash, and grep commands now allow up to 7 parameters
- better handling of invalid parameters to FileRead and PasteboardGet functions
- added the Python function fm.evaluate
- more examples in the demo file
Today we are making bBox, our toolbox of external functions for FileMaker, freely available to all FileMaker developers. Use it to extend the reach of your FileMaker solutions to resources outside of FileMaker by launching and communicating with other programs, utilizing the powerful commands built-in to Mac OS X, and easily creating, processing, and managing files.