We are pleased to release another update to bBox, v0.82 of our free FileMaker utility plug-in.
I last posted about version 0.80. Some of the changes since then are:
- XPath returns error messages with bBox_LastError
- XPath can now return results with no nodes
- XPath no longer attempts to register the same namespace multiple times
- Python now returns compilation error messages with bBox_LastError
- ExecuteSQL now clears error after a successful call
- SQLite engine now has fmevaluate function
There are now 160 examples in the demo file. Some of the 20 examples added for v0.82 demonstrate how to:
- use XlsxWriter to create Excel files with formatting & calcs
- use the SQLite fmevaluate function
- run a PHP script [also see the blog post]
- extract field names used in FileMaker layouts
- do LDAP & Open Directory lookups
- perform basic SMTP email sending
- parse JSON weather data from a web API
- use xhtml2pdf to create PDF files from FileMaker data or HTML
In addition, other developers have built example solutions using bBox, including:
You can get more details on the bBox plug-in and its functions at http://beezwax.net/bbox and http://bbox.beezwax.net.
One thought on “Version 0.82 of bBox Now Available”
I’ve just uploaded a patched version to fix a minor glitch in the disk image name and a problem with the bBox_ExecuteSQL examples.